Download the MiessenceIngredientGuide (PDF file)
We take our certified organic status seriously. We’ve always used only the purest ingredients available from around the world and will stay current on all certification standards designed to disclose any and all information on our product ingredients, processing, and final formulations.
Miessence Certified Organic Ingredients ARE
- Organic Food Grade Purity. Grown, harvested, processed and packaged to the standards of organic food guidelines and third-party certified as such.
- Cold pressed/raw. Nearly every ingredient we use is “raw” and either cold pressed using our proprietary Bioactive Cold Formulation Process or physically processed at room temperature.
- Never Exposed to Synthetics. We believe in pure physical processing methods such as cold pressing, dehydration, evaporation, filtering, grinding. Age old traditions that existed long before the invention of synthetic chemicals. NO synthetic chemicals or solvents touch our ingredients.
- Fair Trade. Carefully sourced from the finest Fair Trade, certified organic farms all over the world and shipped fresh within hours of harvesting to Miessence for immediate production.
Miessence Certified Organic Ingredients Are NOT
- No “semi-natural” or “derived from” chemically processed ingredients.
- Not exposed to irradiation.
- Not grown with pesticides or fertilizers.
- Not genetically engineered and do not contain GMO’s (genetically modified organisms)
- Not extracted or processed with petrochemicals.
- Free of all petrochemicals or manufacturing byproducts.
- Not processed with synthetics.
- Not produced synthetically.
- Not tested on animals.
Certified organic aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice.
Aloe Vera has healing soothing, antibacterial and moisturizing properties. It is used to relieve burning, itching, minor cuts, and first and second-degree burns. Recent studies indicate that aloe vera has the ability to accelerate cell growth in the skin.
Aroma (amber oil)
Amber oil is a rare, precious and highly sought after scent, treasured for its warm, musky and deeply sensual properties. Amber Essence Oil is handcrafted by extracting the oils from amber resins from Styrax tree resin blended from the wood and resin of various trees and other plants which is then added to a synergy of pure essential oils and plant oils.
Certified organic apple cider vinegar.
Made frorm organic apples, it is a natural astringent and toner. Rinsing with apple cider vinegar will help balance the pH of your hair and remove any buildup on the hair shaft. Rinsing will also close the numerous cuticle scales which cover and protect the surface of each hair shaft. This imparts a smoother surface which reflects more light and as a result leaves your hair shinier, smoother and easier to manage.
Certified organic persea gratissima (avocado) fruit oil.
Unrefined Avocado oil, which is dark green, contains vitamins A, B1, B2, Pantothenic acid, and E as well as lecithin. It is excellent for dry and wrinkled skin and has outstanding regenerative properties and restructuring powers to keep skin moisturized and soft. It protects skin from drying and makes it more elastic. Avocado oil is one of few vegetable oils not derived from seeds
Myroxylan pereirae (balsam peru) oil
An amber colored semi-solid mass exuded from the trunk after it has been stripped of bark. Rich, sweet vanilla-like aroma. Helps give a gloss and sheen to the hair.
Certified organic unrefined Cera Alba (beeswax)
Natural thickener and barrier forming agent. Beeswax has emollient, soothing and softening properties and helps the skin retain moisture.
Certified organic citrus bergamia (bergamot) essential oil.
Pure essential oil of bergamot is expressed from the peel of the citrus fruit. It is refreshing, uplifting and can be relaxing. It also has antiseptic properties.
Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda)
Sodium bicarbonate is a mild abrasive, cleansing and whitening.
Citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) fruit extract
A natural preservative. Please note, it is always recommended to use a natural product up once it is opened. Always check the Period After Opening Symbol (PAO).
certified organic Arctium lappa (burdock) extract
Astringent softens, soothes, purifies. Burdock root has been used as a remedy against skin cancer in Chile, China, India, Canada, and Russia. Herbalists praise it as an excellent remedy for acne and eczema. Burdock is said to restore the smoothness of the skin and promote hair growth.